Erasing Lines & Looking More Youthful With Xeomin At Halley Medical Aesthetics



Hard truth is difficult to accept. Although I feel that I have the energy level of a mid 30s most of the time, the fact that I am turning 45 this year is undeniable. Come, come closer, you’ll see railway lines crawling on my forehead. They were built faster than our High Speed Rail, no doubt. When I smile, the crows will land their feet at the edge of my eyes. Oh, the signs of ageing.

Fortunately, with the advancement of medical technology, we could now age a lot slower. And if your pockets could afford to delay that, then why not? With medical aesthetics getting more and more popular, the cost of having aesthetic treatments has become pretty affordable for most people.


After having a very good experience with Halley Medical Aesthetics on my thighs and tummy fat freezing procedure (CoolSculpting), I went back to my trusted doctor - Dr. Terence Tan, to seek help in ‘repairing my High Speed Railway lines’ on my forehead because they were there even when I didn’t lift up my eyebrows!  


Dr. Terence Tan listened patiently to my concerns and examined my forehead. He then recommended me to Xeomin, a brand of botulinum neuromodulators like Botox and Dysport, to reduce the appearance of these muscle contraction-induced lines or dynamic wrinkles. 

Xeomin is a cosmetic brand approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), so it is safe to use. From my understanding, there are a few brands approved by FDA currently. Dr. Terence Tan uses Xeomin in addition to other brands because it is the only one that does not contain any complexing proteins. In layman’s term, it means Xeomin does not contain any additives. The benefit of this is that it makes our human body less likely to become resistant to Xeomin.


By reducing the intensity and frequency of these dynamic wrinkles, these treatments also prevent the formation of deeper lines (static wrinkles) in the long run, making them an increasingly popular anti-ageing strategy. (You can read more about the difference between these two on Halley’s blog.)

Ah, so now I know the secret of those celebrities.


How Does The Treatment Feel Like?

During the treatment, a very fine needle is injected into each specific muscle of my forehead and around the eyes. This is to smoothen out forehead wrinkles, frown lines, crow’s feet, and give me a brow lift at the same time. Other than minor discomfort of a tiny pinch, I didn’t feel any poking pain at all, all thanks to the topical anaesthetic cream and ice pack applied beforehand. 

And the entire process took less than 5 minutes.


How Do I Feel Immediately After The Treatment?
I walked out of the clinic feeling no difference from how I have walked in earlier on. Even after the effect of the anesthetic cream has worn out, there was no discomfort. 

The only thing that Dr. Terence Tan highlighted to me was that I should keep myself upright for the next 4 hours, which was absolutely fine to me. I mean, who goes to sleep or yoga straight after an aesthetic treatment right? We should head off for a celebration instead.

The Anticipated Results

I noticed smoother, wrinkle-free forehead within 2 to 3 days after the injection, but the fuller effects (aka. full onset of the treatment) took place 2 weeks after. 

Dr. Terence Tan mentioned that this optimal result should last about 3 to 4 months, depending on individual.

Recommended Course For Optimal Results

Of course, one must understand such treatment is only temporarily. If you want an optimal result, you could consider touching up every 4 to 6 months.

Do watch this video below on my treatment process to have a good idea what to expect. Want to see my before and after beautiful me? Stay tune for the next post.



Halley Medical Aesthetics
277 Orchard Road #03-15
Orchard Gateway Singapore 238858
T: 6737 8233


Comments

Popular Posts