Celebrating My Birthday with SpongeBob Run and The Manhattan Fish Market

[Media Invite]




Birthday cake baked by my blogger friend Lynn


It is not an everyday thing to have your birthday falls on a weekend. This year, my birthday fell on a Saturday, yay! It means I can squeeze in more activities (and celebrations) into the day.

I had planned to go for the SpongBob Run. But, lo and behold, the little boy caught a virus and was down with flu and fever. The father had to work on Saturday, so it meant the only adult at home (that was me) had to stay home to look after the sick boy.

I almost wanted to shelf my plan for the whole day when I decided to ask the boy if it was okay to leave him at home alone for 2 hours in order for me to participate in the Run. His fever had subsided and he was not as lethargic as before. Little did I expect a ‘yes’. The little boy thought that it was alright for me to leave him at home alone for 2 hours until the father returned.  With his ‘consent’, I headed to Sentosa for the Run.


It was the first Run in my life, I really hate to miss it. While on site, the sky turned grey. Yikes! Not a good start. Unfortunately it didn’t rain and I was able to complete the 5km run.

It was an enjoyable run, except 30% of the route which we had to run on was the sandy beach. I don’t like the idea of having sand particles in my running shoes. Nonetheless, yay to my first run and I am looking forward to my next 5km run!

After the run, I rushed to Suntec City Mall to have dinner with the husband and the little boy. I had received a media invite from The Manhattan Fish to try the Super Shiok Flaming Platter.

Super Shiok Flaming Platter ($38.95) 


The Super Shiok Flaming Platter has a taste of Singapore’s most famous local flavors brought together on one platter! It consists of:

~ The Manhattan FISH MARKET’s signature Manhattan Flaming Prawns ~ freshly grilled tiger prawns generously drizzled with creamy salted egg yolk sauce are lightly torched to give it that extra oomph
~ Nutritious Leatherjacket Fish - generously topped with sambal sauce that delivers a kick of spiciness
Crispy Prawn Paste Chicken
~ The Manhattan FISH MARKET’s interpretation of chilli crab - using soft shell crab deep fried to a golden crunch while the meat stays moist and succulent, and served with a very shiok chilli crab sauce.



I especially loved the grilled tiger prawns with creamy salted egg yolk sauce because I am a salted egg yolk fan. The sambal sauce on the fish delivers a kick of  spiciness yet sweet enough for non-asians. The crispy prawn paste chicken is really nice and tender, we love it! The deep fried soft shell crabs are crunchy yet the meat stays succulent, the chilli crab sauce is more sweet than spicy. Overall, I reckon it is a safe dish to introduce to our non-asian friends and children.

The little boy had this (Pirates Surf n Turf) because I was afraid the Super Shiok Flaming Platter would be too spicy for him (though it wasn't)

I must compliment the well-trained team at The Manhattan Fish Market Suntec City Mall for their service level. It was crowded on a Saturday evening but they were swift in their moves yet attentive to the customers' needs. They truly displayed their passion, energy and dedication. The team brought in an ice cream boat to celebrate my birthday, which I had least expected it. They had wanted to sing me a birthday song but it was too crowded so they didn't. Thankfully, else I would be too paiseh.

The Ice Cream Boat


Launching in 1 Sep is Sawatdee Flaming Platter ($38.95) when you can indulge in beautifully-flamed scallops in Sriracha hot sauce, Thai Chilli Squid, freshly-grilled Spicy Tiger Prawns topped with The Fish Manhattan Fish Market's signature Spicy Seafood Dip and Thailand's iconic Green Curry Chicken. This combination of sweet and spicy flavours so reminiscent of the Land of Smiles will transport you right back to everyone's favourite getaway destination.
Sawatdee Flaming Platter

The next to launch on 1 Oct is Oshi Ne Flaming Platter ($59.95), a platter that brings together a good blend of comfort flavours from Japan. The eye catcher has to be the King Crab topped with Ebiko sauce and torched to bring out the full flavour of the seafood. It is accompanied with fresh clams cooked in miso soup, The Manhattan Fish Market's signature hand-battered Fish Fillet topped with Wasabi Mayo sauce and delicious Ajitama Lava Eggs.
Oshi Ne Flaming Platter

Also launching on 1 Oct is the Masarap Flaming Platter ($38.95). The Masarap Flaming Platter showcases Filipino cuisine with Flaming Milk Fish Sisiq dressed with The Manhattan Fish Market's signature flaming sauce and torched to bring out the flavour. Along with it is the Spicy Baked Coconut Seafood Bicol Express, Braised Chicken Adobo and Prawn Fritters.


Masarap Flaming Platter


These new Flaming Feasts of 4 Nations are available till 30 Nov 2016 at outlets stated below. Visit any of them before they are gone.


1. Bedok Point
2. Causeway Point
3. Century Square
4. Changi Airport Terminal 1 (from 1 Sep) 
5. Changi City Point
6. City Square Mall
7. Hougang Mall
8. JCube
9. Bishan Junction 8
10. Marina Square
11. Northpoint
12. Plaza Singapura
13. Suntec City
14. The Star Vista
15. Kallang Wave Mall
16. Jurong Point


Comments

Popular Posts