Wrapping Up 2015 To Welcome 2016!

Time waits for no man. It is kind of scary to think that 2016 has arrived. Where has time gone? 

2015 was an eventfully year for AJ. He started 2015 with much stress because the leap from Primary 2 to Primary 3 was great. He had a very dedicated Chinese teacher who set high expectation for her class. There was a lot of homework, many phrases in the dictation list to memorise and she also expected the parents to follow up on the materials she provided for the class. All these were good, but because we were pretty relax in Primary 2, these extra works became burdensome. AJ has reached a point that he would do his homework while having lunch. Anyway, he eventually got used to the workload. I am thankful for that.

In July 2015, he sat for ABRSM Grade 8 piano exam. We didn’t dare to pin high hope. After all, he was only 8 years old, his fingers are his limitation in terms of length. But he surprised us with a distinction. We are most grateful to his dedicated piano teacher.

AJ also got a chance to participate in Sing50 mega concert in August, where he joined 49 other pianists on stage with Lang Lang to celebrate Singapore’s golden jubilee year. It was a memorable experience for him.


He went for an audition in October at Singapore National Youth Orchestra and got selected to be trained in French Horn, his second musical instrument. He will officially commence his training this month. We are looking forward to it.


AJ also got into the Gifted Education Programme (GEP). He was asking to be home-schooled this year because he was quite bored in school. While I understand that mainstream may not fit him that well, I hesitated to home-school him because he is the only child. I do hope that this GEP will fit him well.


He celebrated his 9th birthday in November and we would say, it was probably one of the best he had. It was fun yet educational. Thanks to Mad Science for the sponsorship.

Last month, he joined his choir mates in singing in a Christmas concert, together with the choir team from Singapore Bible College and the Singapore Symphony Orchestra. It was yet another memorable experience for him.


He wrapped up 2015 with a white Christmas in Korea with us. It was a trip that he requested for because he had wanted to see snow. I wasn’t keen on winter trip, but since he has done well this year, he deserved a treat.


Going forward, I reckon that 2016 will be challenging for him as he starts with a new school on a new education programme. We are also planning for AJ to go Manchester for a piano summer programme in August/September. No matter what betide, God is always here to help.

As for me, I set my resolutions in January 2015 and I must say, I didn’t fare too badly. I wanted to be fitter, healthier and leaner. Thanks to Paleo diet and regular exercise, I am indeed fitter, healthier and leaner.

I was also able to supervise AJ’s school work closely, customizing Chinese teaching materials to suit him and getting him to work on his weaker areas on some subjects. 

I wasn’t able to finish my biblical studies last year as there were not many subjects available that were suitable for me. Nonetheless, God willing, I should be able to graduate by May this year.  

Income from trading wasn’t great as I wasn’t able to concentrate much on trading. I would seriously want to put in more effort this year as 2016 poses to be a golden opportunity for investment.

I wouldn’t set new resolutions for 2016 as it would be the same as 2015. While I am thankful for an eventful 2015, I embraced 2016 with fear and trembling. There are much that I need to do to be a better wife and mom, and I pray that I will not lose sight of these responsibilities that God has bestowed upon me.

Jehovah Azar




Comments

Popular Posts