My Career Mentor - Patrick Hoe

This is a monthly post on 'Inspiring Individual'. Every 2nd week of the month I will post on individual who has crossed our path & how we were inspired by him/her.

Jan - The Music Conductor, Adrian Tan

Feb - Investor, Entrepreneur, Author, Success Coach - Ismail Gafoor
Mar - 儿子的华文老师 - 颜清碹老师
Apr - Man of God - Rev. (Dr.) Prabhudas Koshy
May - 新加坡教育界的杰出华人 - 张美香校长
Jun - Trading Master, My Mentor - Robin Ho
Jul - Top-tier Remiser & Stock Trainer, Collin Seow
Aug - Face-to-Face with Janet Doman
Sep - An Extraordinary Mother, Pamela Lim


Almost every ex-colleague of mine from SH who has worked under him before would concur that he is a good boss, a good career mentor too. 



I remember when we first met at work, we didnt quite like each other.  Not long later, i had to be placed directly under him due to corporate restructuring.  *fate*  Was it the beginning of my nightmare? I had thought so. But it turned out to be the sweetest moment of my stay in that company.

It was a blessing to be able to work under his guidance.  Though not highly educated, he has wealth of working experience to share with us.  He is always full of ideas when we often ran out, always full of energy even though he sleeps very little when we could bearly stay alert at less than 6 hours of rest.

He taught me many things along the way. I was new to retail operation but he didn't let that hinder my progress.  He held my hand & walked with me, coached me & guided me. I spent a wonderful 4 years working with him.  If ever i could relive my working life in SH, i would still want to work with you, Patrick.

Today is your birthday. I dedicate this post to you. To the best boss I have ever worked with!



Comments

Popular Posts