[Media Invite] Face-to-Face with Janet Doman

This is a monthly post on 'Inspiring Individual'. Every 2nd week of the month I will post on individual who has crossed our path & how we were inspired by him/her.

Jan - The Music Conductor, Adrian Tan
Feb - Investor, Entrepreneur, Author, Success Coach - Ismail Gafoor
Mar - 儿子的华文老师 - 颜清碹老师
Apr - Man of God - Rev. (Dr.) Prabhudas Koshy
May - 新加坡教育界的杰出华人 - 张美香校长
Jun - Trading Master, My Mentor - Robin Ho
Jul - Top-tier Remiser & Stock Trainer, Collin Seow


I was saddened to learn that Glenn Doman, the founder of The Institutes for the Achievement of Human Potential (IAHP), has passed on in May last year.  I don't think I could teach AJ that effectively without knowing his teaching method.  I thank God for leading me to know his contributions, his method of teaching & his passion.  The work of the institutes goes on even though this great man has passed away.



Thanks to the media invite by Glenn Doman Baby Program to Janet Doman's seminar - Discover the Joy of Teaching Your Baby in Singapore beginning of this month, I got to meet Glenn Doman's daughter, Janet Doman, for the very 1st time!  Though I have read all the books written by her & her father Glenn Doman, I still learnt a lot that day.  In Chinese they said 百闻不如一见, in this case, 百读不如一听. 

I cannot resist a photo with 1 of the most inspiring individuals I have come across - Janet Doman (daughter of late Glenn Doman).
AJ has benefitted so much from their programme.

Many people thought that Glenn Doman's teaching method is all about flashing cards.  It is all so wrong.  If there is only 1 key point that I should take home with from this seminar, I would say, it is "Physical excellence leads to intellectual excellence".  If a mother is able to start working on her child's physical mobility from age 0, she will see great progress in her child's overall development.   The human cortex is responsible for all of the high-level functions unique to human beings.  The ability to read, understand language, identify objects by touch alone, speak, & write are all the responsibilities of the human cortex.


The IAHP believes that the most effective duration of a person's learning capabilities is the 1st 6 years.  I agree with that.  After putting AJ through this programme in the last 5 years (he started at 13MO), I could safely conclude that AJ is a walking testimony of GD method.

His foundation is strong, so I have less worries on his school work.  He is able to initiate his own learning on things he has strong interest in, he has turned into an independent learner.  He reads widely, which helps in his writing & general knowledge.  My job now is to continue stimulating his mind, to provide opportunities whenever he needs to be challenged.


"The Brain Grows By Use." ~ Glenn Doman

The 8 highly recommended books

I have written some book reviews on my blog.  Please click the respective links if you are interested to read:
(1) How to teach your child encyclopaedic knowledge
(2) How to teach your baby to swim
(3) How to teach your baby to read
(4) How to teach your baby to be physically superb

2 other mom bloggers also attended this seminar.  You may like to read about their view/reflection.
(1) Meeningfully
(2) Lynnlly

If you have regretted that you have missed this seminar, you have a 2nd chance here to experience GD teaching method.  The kind folks in Glenn Doman Baby Program is giving away 3 trial classes (worth $114) to 3 respective readers.  Depending on your child's age group, you have 4 different classes to choose from.



If you would like to participate in this give away, kindly follow the steps stated below.  Entry will be closed on 20 Aug (Wed) 2359.

(1) Be a fan of Mylilbookworm in Facebook;
(2) Be a fan of Glenn Doman Singapore in Facebook;
(3) 'Like' & 'Share' my post on mylilbookworm facebook fanpage on this giveaway (please turn the shared post on public sharing status else I won't be able to verify); &
(4) PM me via facebook informing me that you have done the 3 steps above.


Comments

Popular Posts