Multiplication Table

I have been teaching AJ to remember the time table since he was 3.5 YO. Progressively, he has mastered 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11 & lately 9 & 8. I am stucked with 6 & 7 because I cant think of any easier way to teach him. For 2, 3, 4, 5, 9, 10 & 11, they are pretty simply, as for 8, I taught him +10-2 formula since he knows his number bond pretty well. My ex-church friend suggested to me to put up all the time table into a table so that he can see the linkage. Huh? I am wondering how to do the table!! After some thoughts, I think I can simply teach him to remember 6x6, 6x7 & 7x7 because the rest of the time table he already knew (eg. he knows 5x6 is the same as 6x5). So, that means I have solved the problem on 6 & 7 time table. The only one left is 12 time table. Silly right? Why is there a need for 12 time table? Why doesnt MOE (Ministry of Education) stop at 10 time table?

Comments

Popular Posts